Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s famous Texas Medical Center. More than 600 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 31 locations and an accredited Sleep Center in the Greater Houston area. Medical services offered by Kelsey-Seybold include medical care in 65 medical specialties including primary care and specialty care, outpatient surgery centers, an accredited Sleep Center, a Radiation Therapy Center, laboratory services, advanced radiology services, and other diagnostic services, 15 on-site Kelsey pharmacies, and a secure web portal for patients to communicate with their Kelsey-Seybold doctors, get test results and schedule appointments.
Kelsey-Seybold is actively seeking a Radiology Practitioner Assistant. The provider extender will work in a clinic setting supporting the Radiology Department. The day-to-day practice encompasses performing fluoroscopic and/or ultrasound-guided procedures and reviewing general radiography and ultrasound images and dictating initial observations for the Radiologist. It is the expectation that the radiology physician assistant will extend the reach of the supervising radiologist in an effort to more effectively and efficiently provide optimum care to the Kelsey-Seybold patient population.
General Responsibilities & Office Duties:
- Perform gastro-intestinal fluoroscopy procedures
- Perform genito-urinary fluoroscopy procedures
- Perform fluoroscopic and/or ultrasound-guided diagnostic and therapeutic musculoskeletal injections/aspirations
- Perform thoracentesis procedures
- Perform paracentesis procedures
- Perform lumbar puncture procedures
- Provide local anesthesia
- Dictate initial observations for the supervising radiologist
- Perform specific duties delineated by supervising radiologist
- Participate in communication with the radiologist, referring providers, nurses, and technologists in coordinating patient care
- Complete scheduling and follow-up protocols.
- Assist in the preoperative assessment, H&P, and preparation of the necessary paperwork and orders for scheduled cases.
- A minimum of 1-year experience is preferred
- Radiology Practitioner Assistant is preferred
- Interventional Radiology experience is preferred
- Has the ability to facilitate and incorporate the full breadth of RPA/RA training into the practice
- Able to perform high-level medical judgment and decision-making skills
- Be a registered Radiology Practitioner Assistant (RPA) by the Certification Board for Radiology Practitioner Assistants; or a Radiology Assistant (RA) by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Licensed Medical Radiologist Assistant by the Texas Medical Board
- Must be current in BCLS and ACLS
Our physicians practice medicine in a collaborative manner amongst many medical specialties and subspecialties embracing technology and teamwork to provide patient-centered care. Our compensation package is productivity-based and includes salary, paid time off, CME, and matching 401K. Affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Heart Institute.
- Multispecialty group practice setting
- Lowest cost of living in the country
- Regular weekday hours
- Full nursing and clerical support
- Paid malpractice and tail coverage
- Texas Medical Center technology
- Electronic Medical Records
As the 4th largest city in the U.S., Houston, Texas is a leader in business, entertainment, the arts and more. From professional sports to outdoor fun to an out-of-this-world space experience and incredible dining – it’s all here! Stroll the beaches of Galveston or challenge yourself on one of our many golf courses. Space City offers everything from breathtaking museum exhibits to vibrant downtown entertainment. Explore the wonder of space or spend the day shopping to your heart’s content. Houston is a city of infinite possibilities.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.