Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s famous Texas Medical Center. More than 450 physicians and allied health professionals’ practice at 24 locations and an accredited Sleep Center in the Greater Houston area. Medical services offered by Kelsey-Seybold include medical care in 55 medical specialties including primary care and specialty care, outpatient surgery centers, an accredited Sleep Center, a Radiation Therapy Center, laboratory services, advanced radiology services and other diagnostic services, 15 on-site Kelsey pharmacies and a secure web portal for patients to communicate with their Kelsey-Seybold doctors, get test results and schedule appointments.
Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes, heart and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, Endoscopy Center, Infusion Center and Cancer Center.
Physicist – Main Campus
The medical physicist is a leading member of the radiotherapy team responsible for ensuring the safety of patients, medical staff, and the general public and improving the quality of care to ensure accurate imaging and treatment of disease. These outcomes are achieved through numerous and varied activities, including administrative, clinical, educational, informatics, equipment performance evaluation (EPE), quality, and safety. Medical physicists are uniquely trained to contribute scientific advice and resources to solve technical and clinical problems relating to radiotherapy as well as to introduce new therapeutic procedures and tests using existing or new technologies.
- Master’s or doctoral degree in physics, medical physics, biophysics, radiological physics, medical health physics, or equivalent disciplines from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 5 years of post-graduate experience.
- Experience in EBRT: 2D/3D/4D, IMRT/VMAT; SBRT; motion management (e.g., breath-hold)
- Preference for experience with Varian technology including: True Beam radiotherapy system, Treatment planning system (Eclipse), Oncology information system (ARIA) and Surface guidance (Vision RT/OSMS)
- Experience in quality management, process improvement, and incident learning.
- Active Full Medical Physicist (FMP) license in therapeutic radiological physics per the Texas Occupations Code §602
- Active certification by The American Board of Radiology; or The American Board of Medical Physics; or The Canadian College of Physicists in Medicine.
- Medical physics practice knowledge.
- Radiotherapy patient care and procedural skills.
- Systems-based practice.
Benefits and Compensation:
Our physicians practice medicine in a collaborative manner amongst many medical specialties and subspecialties embracing technology and teamwork to provide patient-centered care. Our compensation package is productivity-based and includes salary, paid time off, CME, and matching 401K. Affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine and the Texas Heart Institute.
- Multispecialty group practice setting
- Regular weekday hours
- Full nursing and clerical support
- Paid malpractice and tail coverage
- Electronic Medical Records
For more information on this opportunity, please contact: Karen Simien, Sr. Physician Services Specialist at (713) 442-5308 or email: email@example.com
As the 4th largest city in the U.S., Houston, Texas is a leader in business, entertainment, the arts and more. From professional sports to outdoor fun to an out-of-this-world space experience and incredible dining – it’s all here! Stroll the beaches of Galveston or challenge yourself on one of our many golf courses. Space City offers everything from breathtaking museum exhibits to vibrant downtown entertainment. Explore the wonder of space or spend the day shopping to your heart’s content. Houston is a city of infinite possibilities.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
For more information or to be contacted by a recruiter, please fill out the following abbreviated form.