Job ID: 3512
Job Type: Full Time
At Kelsey Seybold our team of orthopedic professionals is part of a network of care that’s been serving the community for more than 75 years. The team currently has 11 orthopedic physicians, fully supported by non-operative sports medicine physicians, nurses and advanced practitioners, specializing in surgeries of the shoulder, knee, hip, ankle, hand, wrist, and spine. We’re seeking a highly experienced orthopedic surgeon to join this team with fellowship training in shoulder/upper extremity. The ideal candidate has the required credentials and skills, along with proven ability to engage successfully with colleagues and patients while providing exceptional care and outcomes. The surgeon should have an interest in primary and revision shoulder arthroplasty and shoulder sports reconstruction. Our focus is value based care and we work to practice the most up to date evidence based orthopedic medicine.
- Examine, diagnose, treat, and perform surgery on patients who have disorders, malformations, diseases, and injuries of the shoulder and musculoskeletal system
- Plan and execute disease-prevention and health-promotion programs
- Conduct, supervise, and participate in training of personnel needed to sustain a robust and readily available medical system
- Maintain accurate records of patient profiles, treatments, and progress
- Make referrals to physical therapists or other specialists, as needed
- Provide safe and high quality surgical care
- Interview patients to gather information on medical history, allergies, and lifestyle
- Diagnose patients using imaging and physical examinations
- Perform surgical procedures to realign fractured bones and torn ligaments or to replace the shoulder
- Prescribe medications and supplements, as needed, and make diet, hygiene, lifestyle, and exercise recommendations to boost healing process
- Work within an integrated team in both the clinic and operative settings in a professional manner
- Delegate tasks and coordinate activities of nurses and other medical staff
- Doctor of osteopathic medicine (DO) or doctor of medicine (MD) degree, or equivalent, and successful five-year residency in orthopedic surgery
- Board certification or eligibility for practice of orthopedic surgery
- Fellowship training in shoulder replacement/sports medicine
- Current or in process TX licensure in good standing
- Proven success with relevant surgical procedures and nonsurgical treatments
- Analytical mindset, medical dexterity, and patient-centered focus
- Ability to communicate information sensitively to patients and their families
- Availability for 1:5 call schedule
- Ability to communicate in more than one language a bonus but not required
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic accepts H1B Visas.
About Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s renowned Texas Medical Center. More than 700 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 40+ locations in the Greater Houston area. Kelsey-Seybold offers quality medical care in 65 medical specialties. The organization operates the largest freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Center in the state of Texas and offers state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam and Varian Edge radiation therapy technology at a nationally accredited Cancer Center. An accredited Sleep Center, comprehensive laboratory services, advanced imaging and diagnostics, 19 onsite Kelsey pharmacies and one specialty pharmacy, and MyKelseyOnline, a secure web portal, are part of its comprehensive offerings. Kelsey-Seybold partners with major insurers to offer value-based commercial health plans. KelseyCare Advantage, a Medicare Advantage plan offered to Houston-area beneficiaries and affiliated with Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, has achieved the coveted 5-out-of-5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid for six consecutive years.
Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes and heart and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, and Endoscopy Center.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by organizational policy or by federal, state, or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.