Occupational Medicine Physicians in the Department of Occupational Medicine at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic are responsible for providing occupational medicine services at multiple corporate clinic sites and for occupational medicine services in Kelsey-Seybold clinical locations as well as mobile clinic vans. Incumbents in this position are licensed and board-certified physicians who provide leadership in occupational health policy, programs, and issues, including medical standards for employment that are compliant with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements, to our clients.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: (Other assignments, projects and duties may be required)
- Develops or assists in the development and updating of occupational health policies and procedures consistent with applicable legal mandates, best community medical practice and guidelines, as well as organizational missions and goals.
- Plans and directs the occupational health medical programs/activities, including the establishment, improvement, or revision of medical examination protocols, questionnaires, and examination review and procedures and directly participates as a clinic physician in these duties.
- Directs the establishment, improvement, or revision of medical standards for pre-placement and fitness for duty examinations.
- Supervision and oversight of Advanced Practice Clinicians (APC), Physician Assistants (PA) and other providers at multiple corporate locations and Kelsey-Seybold clinic sites.
- Performs the more difficult evaluations and reviews the work and recommendations of the APCs, PAs, and related work performed for the organization in accordance with best medical practice and applicable laws.
- Work collaboratively with corporate industrial hygiene and safety engineering professionals to ensure safe corporate work environment and OSHA regulatory compliance.
- Assists the Chief of Occupational Medicine with delegated duties as needed.
- Assists in other administrative activities such as maintenance of database of ongoing monitoring of employees – medical surveillance programs and holding safety meetings.
- Compliance with OSHA policies in the workplace including ongoing health checks and mandated medical surveillance of employees.
- Development/interaction with client human resources departments or management/supervisors on Short Term Disability (STD)/Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and Limited Work Programs.
- Participation in wellness committees.
- Related activities and other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience as an occupational medicine physician working in the corporate setting or with an Industrial Health and/or Urgent Care company in creating and overseeing occupational health programs.
- Medical administrative experience in planning, organizing, developing, staffing, and directing the programs and activities of a medical organization is a plus.
- Emergency Response experience is a plus.
- OSHA medical surveillance program compliance experience.
- US Department of Transportation (DOT) exam and Medical Review Officer (MRO) experience.
- Performs direct patient care in the outpatient setting within the standards of the Kelsey-Seybold Department of Family Medicine or Internal Medicine.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
- Board Certified in Occupational Medicine by the American Board of Preventive Medicine (ABPM)
- Medical Review Officer (MRO) Certification
- DOT Medical Examiner Certification by FMCSA
- Unrestricted license or ability to be licensed in the States where KSC clinics are located.
About Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s renowned Texas Medical Center. More than 700 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 40+ locations in the Greater Houston area. Kelsey-Seybold offers quality medical care in 65 medical specialties. The organization operates the largest freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Center in the state of Texas and offers state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam and Varian Edge radiation therapy technology at a nationally accredited Cancer Center. An accredited Sleep Center, comprehensive laboratory services, advanced imaging and diagnostics, 19 onsite Kelsey pharmacies and one specialty pharmacy, and MyKelseyOnline, a secure web portal, are part of its comprehensive offerings. Kelsey-Seybold partners with major insurers to offer value-based commercial health plans. KelseyCare Advantage, a Medicare Advantage plan offered to Houston-area beneficiaries and affiliated with Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, has achieved the coveted 5-out-of-5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid for six consecutive years.
Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes and heart and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, and Endoscopy Center.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by organizational policy or by federal, state, or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.