Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s renowned Texas Medical Center. More than 600 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 31 locations in the Greater Houston area. Kelsey-Seybold offers quality medical care in 65 medical specialties. The organization operates the largest freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Center in the state of Texas and offers state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam and Varian Edge radiation therapy technology at a nationally accredited Cancer Center. An accredited Sleep Center, comprehensive laboratory services, advanced imaging, and diagnostics, 16 on-site Kelsey Pharmacy locations, and MyKelseyOnline, a secure web portal, are part of its comprehensive offerings. Kelsey-Seybold partners with major insurers to offer value-based commercial health plans. KelseyCare Advantage, a Medicare Advantage plan offered to Houston-area beneficiaries and affiliated with Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, has achieved the coveted 5-out-of-5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid for three consecutive years and is the only 5-out-of-5-star rated plan in Texas.
Pathway to Partnership
Unlike other organizations, Kelsey-Seybold physicians have the opportunity for ownership in the Medical Group, as well as in The Kelsey-Seybold Management Company. The ownership path is clear and straightforward. A Kelsey-Seybold Physician is typically eligible for ownership after three years of employment, board certification, and demonstrated good citizenship. The result is an extraordinary, broad-based, and diverse physician-led organization.
When you join Kelsey-Seybold, you become part of an established, physician-owned, and led multispecialty group practice with a 70-year legacy of caring for patients.
- 72 physicians hold leadership positions
- 56% of our physicians are shareholders
- The average physician tenure is 11 years
- Physician-led board of managers
- A defined path to partnership
The Virtual Care Physician in Internal Medicine will be working in an adult ambulatory care setting. You will conduct patient exams virtually from 8am-5pm Monday through Friday.
The Physician will deliver patient-centered care in a virtual care setting as a member of a clinical team whose goal is to support value-based care while achieving positive clinical outcomes and providing a world-class patient experience.
Successful candidates will be able to communicate in a patient-friendly language, both verbally and in writing, and enjoy collaborating with a highly supportive, multidisciplinary team.
- Treat patients via virtual care using a dedicated digital health platform
- Diagnose, treat and manage patients in a fast-paced environment
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally
- Enjoy working in a team-based environment and collaborating with other clinicians
- Lead and supervise Virtual Care APCs assigned to the Virtual Care Practice
- Assess the need for and interpret diagnostic information and laboratory results
- Obtain medical histories and perform physical assessments and examinations
- Be comfortable performing health risk assessments virtually
- Perform specific duties as outlined by the managing physician
- Experience with current virtual care delivery methods
- Participate in the development of virtual care protocols, guidelines, policies, and training programs for providers
- Willing to work onsite in a Kelsey-Seybold Clinic for a minimum of one week per quarter to provide care to patients in a face-to-face setting
- Participate in key digital health strategy and clinical meetings
- Interested in delivering care in a virtual care environment with frequent change/product improvements and extremely comfortable using new technology and software
- Minimum of 3 years of primary care experience
- Experience with treating patients in a virtual care setting
- Doctorate Degree in Medicine (MD, DO)
- Internal Medicine Residency training
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state of Texas by the Texas Medical Board
- Board Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine or Board Eligible within three years of residency
Practicing Medicine at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
Our physicians practice medicine in a collaborative manner amongst many medical specialties and subspecialties embracing technology and teamwork to provide patient-centered care. Our compensation package is productivity-based and includes salary, paid time off, CME, and matching 401K. Affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Heart Institute.
Benefits and Compensation:
Our compensation is productivity-based and includes salary. A comprehensive benefits package is designed to provide a full range of coverage in health and benefits, retirement, continuing medical education, paid time off, medical professional liability, and much more.
- Multispecialty group practice setting
- Low cost of living
- Regular weekday hours
- Full nursing and clerical support
- Paid malpractice and tail coverage
As the 4th largest city in the U.S., Houston, Texas is a leader in business, entertainment, the arts, and more. From professional sports to outdoor fun to an out-of-this-world space experience and incredible dining – it’s all here! Stroll the beaches of Galveston or challenge yourself on one of our many golf courses. Space City offers everything from breathtaking museum exhibits to vibrant downtown entertainment. Explore the wonder of space or spend the day shopping to your heart’s content. Houston is a city of infinite possibilities.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.