The Kelsey-Seybold Clinic Hospitalist Program provides specialized, efficient and coordinated care for our hospitalized patients. The nocturnal hospitalist observes his or her patient’s status, progress and test results up to several times, as needed.
- Main responsibilities are responding to ER calls and admitting patients in the assigned hospital(s) 7pm to 7am (number of shifts can be decided amongst the team to ensure coverage every night).
- The nocturnal hospitalist will be required to stay in house for the duration of the shift. They will be responsible for all calls regarding admissions to Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center
- The nocturnal hospitalist will not be the primary on Kelsey-Seybold patients admitted to the intensive care units at Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center.
- Expected to efficiently manage patients in hospital and interact with specialists to coordinate the care.
- Transition the follow up care to the daytime hospitalist safely and effectively.
- Participate in hospital committees, initiatives, and KSC Hospital Service/IM Department activities.
Active Texas medical license,
Internal Medicine Board Certified or Board Eligible
About Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s renowned Texas Medical Center. More than 700 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 40+ locations in the Greater Houston area. Kelsey-Seybold offers quality medical care in 65 medical specialties. The organization operates the largest freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Center in the state of Texas and offers state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam and Varian Edge radiation therapy technology at a nationally accredited Cancer Center. An accredited Sleep Center, comprehensive laboratory services, advanced imaging and diagnostics, 19 onsite Kelsey pharmacies and one specialty pharmacy, and MyKelseyOnline, a secure web portal, are part of its comprehensive offerings. Kelsey-Seybold partners with major insurers to offer value-based commercial health plans. KelseyCare Advantage, a Medicare Advantage plan offered to Houston-area beneficiaries and affiliated with Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, has achieved the coveted 5-out-of-5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid for six consecutive years.
Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes and heart and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, and Endoscopy Center.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by organizational policy or by federal, state, or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.