Job ID: 4500
Job Type: Full Time
The Kelsey-Seybold Clinic Hospitalist Program provides specialized, efficient and coordinated care for our hospitalized patients. The hospitalist observes his or her patient’s status, progress and tests results up to several times a day, as needed.
Kelsey Seybold Clinic accepts H1B Visas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other assignments, projects and duties may be required:
- Main responsibilities are rounding in the assigned hospital(s) 7am to approximately 5pm (schedule varies).
- Participate in hospital call schedule – taking call with other hospitalists and internists in the call group. Not typically require to stay overnight in hospital.
- Expected to efficiently manage patients in hospital and interact with specialists to coordinate the care.
- Transition the follow up care to the outpatient setting safely and effectively by working with PCP’s, case managers, and specialists.
- Participate in teaching of medical students and house staff periodically.
- Participate in hospital committees, initiatives, and KSC Hospital Service/IM Department activities.
- Graduate of an approved training program in the United States.
- Licensed in the State of Texas.
- Board Certified and/or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine.
About Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s renowned Texas Medical Center. More than 700 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 40+ locations in the Greater Houston area. Kelsey-Seybold offers quality medical care in 65 medical specialties. The organization operates the largest freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Center in the state of Texas and offers state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam and Varian Edge radiation therapy technology at a nationally accredited Cancer Center. An accredited Sleep Center, comprehensive laboratory services, advanced imaging and diagnostics, 19 onsite Kelsey pharmacies and one specialty pharmacy, and MyKelseyOnline, a secure web portal, are part of its comprehensive offerings. Kelsey-Seybold partners with major insurers to offer value-based commercial health plans. KelseyCare Advantage, a Medicare Advantage plan offered to Houston-area beneficiaries and affiliated with Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, has achieved the coveted 5-out-of-5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid for six consecutive years.
Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes and heart and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, and Endoscopy Center.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by organizational policy or by federal, state, or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.