Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s famous Texas Medical Center. More than 500 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 30 locations and an accredited Sleep Center in the Greater Houston area. Medical services offered by Kelsey-Seybold include medical care in 55 medical specialties including primary care and specialty care, outpatient surgery centers, an accredited Sleep Center, a Radiation Therapy Center, laboratory services, advanced radiology services and other diagnostic services, 15 on-site Kelsey pharmacies, and a secure web portal for patients to communicate with their Kelsey-Seybold doctors, get test results and schedule appointments.
Pathway to Partnership
Unlike other organizations, Kelsey-Seybold physicians have the opportunity for ownership in the Medical Group, as well as in The Kelsey-Seybold Management Company. The ownership path is clear and straightforward. A Kelsey-Seybold Physician is typically eligible for ownership after three years of employment, board certification, and demonstrated good citizenship. The result is an extraordinary, broad-based, and diverse physician-led organization.
When you join Kelsey-Seybold, you become part of an established, physician-owned, and led multispecialty group practice with a 70-year legacy of caring for patients.
- 72 physicians hold leadership positions
- 56% of our physicians are shareholders
- The average physician tenure is 11 years
- Physician-led board of managers
- A defined path to partnership
The Infectious Disease Physician serves as a consultant to other physicians for patients with infectious diseases in an outpatient and/or hospital setting. The Infectious Disease is an expert in history taking, physical examination, test interpretation, patient counseling and differential diagnosis, and medical therapeutics. Accountable to the Associate Medical Specialty Director, for assuring the most effective delivery of care while meeting and exceeding compliance standards. The physician will have responsibility and decision-making for the overall conduct of Infectious Disease diagnosis and treatment of patient-related issues in the outpatient setting.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following and other assignments, projects, and duties that may be required:
- Supervision and management (where appropriate) of patients transitioning from hospital to out-patient care
- Initiation and Supervision of home IV therapies.
- Antibiotic stewardship in conjunction with P&T committee
- Continuity outpatient clinics
- Virtual health as pertains to Infectious Diseases
- Availability for telephone and E-consults during regular business hours
- Virtual visits
- Telephone consults
- Virtual consults
- Video curbside consults
- Indirect patient care: returning telephone calls, responding to patient emails, reviewing, and renewing prescriptions, reviewing laboratory and imaging data, communicating results to patients, and implementing improved quality in systems delivery.
- Supervision of ID purchased services
- Education of clinical staff regarding infectious disease diagnosis and treatment
- Liaison with Wound Care
- Liaison with Medical Director of Hospital Services
- Regular meetings with Associate Medical Directors
- Office hours to meet demand- time and location to be determined
- American Board of Internal Medicine or Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
- BC Infectious Disease
- Current DEA certification
- Unrestricted Texas medical license
Benefits and Compensation:
Our compensation is productivity-based and includes salary. A comprehensive benefits package is designed to provide a full range of coverage in health and benefits, retirement, continuing medical education, paid-time-off, medical professional liability, and much more.
- Multispecialty group practice setting
- Low cost of living
- Regular weekday hours
- Full nursing and clerical support
- Paid malpractice and tail coverage
- Electronic Medical Records (EPIC)
As the 4th largest city in the U.S., Houston, Texas is a leader in business, entertainment, the arts, and more. From professional sports to outdoor fun to an out-of-this-world space experience and incredible dining – it’s all here! Stroll the beaches of Galveston or challenge yourself on one of our many golf courses. Space City offers everything from breathtaking museum exhibits to vibrant downtown entertainment. Explore the wonder of space or spend the day shopping to your heart’s content. Houston is a city of infinite possibilities.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.