Job ID: 2704
Job Type: Full Time
We are looking for qualified candidates for the position of Gastroenterologist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other assignments, projects and duties may be required:
- Consulting with patients to understand their health concerns.
- Performing specialized tests to diagnose and treat patients.
- Evidence-based approach with appropriate use of endoscopic procedures, CT scan, MRI, Ultrasound, and other tests.
- Shared Hospital Call and Office Call required.
- Some experience is preferred but not mandatory. Well recognized national fellowship programs are preferred.
- Completion of three-year Internal Residency.
- Completion of three-year Gastroenterology Fellowship.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
- American Board of Internal Medicine or ABIM certified.
- Board eligibility, with subsequent Board Certification in Gastroenterology.
- Licensed in the State of Texas.
About Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s renowned Texas Medical Center. More than 700 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 40+ locations in the Greater Houston area. Kelsey-Seybold offers quality medical care in 65 medical specialties. The organization operates the largest freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Center in the state of Texas and offers state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam and Varian Edge radiation therapy technology at a nationally accredited Cancer Center. An accredited Sleep Center, comprehensive laboratory services, advanced imaging and diagnostics, 19 onsite Kelsey pharmacies and one specialty pharmacy, and MyKelseyOnline, a secure web portal, are part of its comprehensive offerings. Kelsey-Seybold partners with major insurers to offer value-based commercial health plans. KelseyCare Advantage, a Medicare Advantage plan offered to Houston-area beneficiaries and affiliated with Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, has achieved the coveted 5-out-of-5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid for six consecutive years.
Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes and heart and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, and Endoscopy Center.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by organizational policy or by federal, state, or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.