Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s famous Texas Medical Center. More than 600 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 31 locations and an accredited Sleep Center in the Greater Houston area. Medical services offered by Kelsey-Seybold include medical care in 65 medical specialties including primary care and specialty care, outpatient surgery centers, an accredited Sleep Center, a Radiation Therapy Center, laboratory services, advanced radiology services and other diagnostic services, 15 on-site Kelsey pharmacies, and a secure web portal for patients to communicate with their Kelsey-Seybold doctors, get test results and schedule appointments.
Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes, heart, and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, Endoscopy Center, Infusion Center, and Cancer Center.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic seeks a full-time Physician’s Assistant (PA) needed for a busy Otolaryngology practice. The PA will join a growing ENT Department and work directly with board-certified Otolaryngologists. Job responsibilities will include office evaluations, chronic care management, preventive care of both new and established patients, participation, and assistance with ENT procedures in both clinic and hospital settings. The care will be an extension of the ENT physician. Qualified candidates must be available Monday – Friday between the hours of 8a-5p. Some phone call will be required.
- Uses critical thinking to manage the care of ENT patients as directed by the physician in an ambulatory setting
- Performs and documents physical exams and interviews as well as the plan of care as decided by the physician
- Discusses relevant findings with the physician.
- Assists in providing pre-op and post-op care; write appropriate orders, including those for narcotics, stimulants, and depressant drugs.
- Ensures appropriate medications and follow-ups are ordered and scheduled.
- Educates patients and their families about medical issues, outcomes, the role of the caregiver, and medication management.
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
ENT Clinic Responsibilities:
- Serve as a physician extender in the clinic setting
- Evaluate patients in the clinic setting
- Document evaluations in a timely manner
- Perform appropriate procedures such as scopes, ear cleanings, biopsies, excisions, drain removal, and suture removal with minimal supervision
- Order medications and tests as per guidelines and protocols
- Follow-up on tests and consults
- Schedule clinical studies as per guidelines and protocols
- Able to perform high-level medical judgment and decision-making skills
- Handle MKO messages, results, CC charts, telephone encounters, and surgical risk assessments as needed within the scope of practice and as directed by the supervising physician
- Performs post-op visits independently
- Participate in virtual health platforms
- Provide 1st assist for select ENT cases based on physician needs
- See In-patient consults
- Onsite at hospital
- As needed if no physician on-site at the hospital
- Management of St. Luke’s documentation for surgical preparation
- Licensed by the Texas State Board of Physician Assistant Examiners
- Must be current in BCLS and ACLS & CPR certified
- Willing to train new graduates
- Previous EPIC experience
- Strong computer skills
- Ambulatory clinic experience
- Experience in geriatric and pediatric care
Benefits and Compensation:
Our physicians practice medicine in a collaborative manner amongst many medical specialties and sub-specialties embracing technology and teamwork to provide patient-centered care. Our compensation package is productivity-based and includes salary, paid time off, CME, and matching 401K. Affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine and the Texas Heart Institute.
- Multispecialty group practice setting
- Regular weekday hours
- Full nursing and clerical support
- Paid malpractice and tail coverage
- Electronic Medical Records
As the 4th largest city in the U.S., Houston, Texas is a leader in business, entertainment, the arts and more. From professional sports to outdoor fun to an out-of-this-world space experience and incredible dining – it’s all here! Stroll the beaches of Galveston or challenge yourself on one of our many golf courses. Space City offers everything from breathtaking museum exhibits to vibrant downtown entertainment. Explore the wonder of space or spend the day shopping to your heart’s content. Houston is a city of infinite possibilities.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.