Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s famous Texas Medical Center. More than 500 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 30 locations and an accredited Sleep Center in the Greater Houston area. Medical services offered by Kelsey-Seybold include medical care in 55 medical specialties including primary care and specialty care, outpatient surgery centers, an accredited Sleep Center, a Radiation Therapy Center, laboratory services, advanced radiology services and other diagnostic services, 15 on-site Kelsey pharmacies, and a secure web portal for patients to communicate with their Kelsey-Seybold doctors, get test results and schedule appointments.
Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes and heart and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, and Endoscopy Center.
The Physician Assistant, Neurology is a mid-level provider working with 7 neurologists, in an adult ambulatory care setting. The PA will provide patient-centered support for the achievement of positive clinical outcomes and prompt evaluation and treatment of patients referred to Neurology. The clinical scope of practice encompasses a wide array of neurological conditions and disorders including but not limited to Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, dementia, multiple sclerosis, migraine, epilepsy, and stroke. The PA will provide a central role for the department to aid in health assessment, diagnosis and treatment, health promotion, disease prevention, health education, and counseling for patients referred to Neurology. Clinical responsibilities will include patient management in the clinic such as follow up visits from initial neurologist visits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to prescribe medication.
- Obtain medical histories and perform physical assessments and examinations.
- Diagnose, treat and triage common neurology disorders.
- Assess the need for and interpret diagnostic and laboratory studies.
- Counsel and teach health and nutrition
- Screen and refer patients to specialists and other healthcare providers.
- Understands reimbursement criteria and neurology coding.
- Performs specific duties delineated by the managing physician.
- Performs clinic encounters independent of the physician.
- Provides clinical management through patient telephone and email messages.
- Participates in at least one neurology CME offering per year.
- No hospital services or hospital call.
- Graduate of an approved training program in the United States.
- Licensed in the State of Texas.
- Board Certified and/or Board Eligible.
Benefits and Compensation:
Our compensation is productivity-based and includes salary. A comprehensive benefits package is designed to provide a full range of coverage in health and benefits, retirement, continuing medical education, paid-time-off, medical professional liability, and much more.
- Multispecialty group practice setting
- Low cost of living
- Regular weekday hours
- Full nursing and clerical support
- Paid malpractice and tail coverage
- Electronic Medical Records (EPIC)
As the 4th largest city in the U.S., Houston, Texas is a leader in business, entertainment, the arts, and more. From professional sports to outdoor fun to an out-of-this-world space experience and incredible dining – it’s all here! Stroll the beaches of Galveston or challenge yourself on one of our many golf courses. Space City offers everything from breathtaking museum exhibits to vibrant downtown entertainment. Explore the wonder of space or spend the day shopping to your heart’s content. Houston is a city of infinite possibilities.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.