Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s famous Texas Medical Center. More than 500 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 30 locations and an accredited Sleep Center in the Greater Houston area. Medical services offered by Kelsey-Seybold include medical care in 55 medical specialties including primary care and specialty care, outpatient surgery centers, an accredited Sleep Center, a Radiation Therapy Center, laboratory services, advanced radiology services, and other diagnostic services, 15 on-site Kelsey pharmacies, and a secure web portal for patients to communicate with their Kelsey-Seybold doctors, get test results and schedule appointments.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic seeks a full-time, energetic Physician’s Assistant (PA) needed for a busy Cardiology Practice. The PA will be supporting a particular Cardiologist and work with other MDs and other extenders. The primary focus is centered on responsibilities within the hospital & outpatient clinic setting. In addition, other duties assigned may and can include clinic office evaluations, virtual visit assessments, and office call reports.
Qualified candidates must be available Monday – Friday between the hours of 8a-5p; call may be required in special circumstances.
Key functions include:
- Uses critical thinking to manage the care of cardiac patients as directed by the physician in both the hospital and clinic settings
- Performs and documents physical exams and interviews as well as the plan of care as decided by the physician
- Discusses relevant findings with the physician.
- Ensures appropriate medications and follow-ups are ordered and scheduled.
- Educates patients and their families about cardiac and medical issues, outcomes, the role of the caregiver, and medication management.
- Serve as a physician extender in the hospital and outpatient clinic setting
- Participate in discharge planning as directed by the physician
- Start & complete the discharge process in the hospital’s medical record for KSC Cardiology inpatients as directed by the physician
- Participate in daily physician rounds and follow up on KSC cardiology patients as directed by the physician
- Assist in the completion of procedure documentation as needed for diagnostic and interventional procedures as directed by the physician
- Actively participate and serve as the primary point of contact for department EPIC Optimization requests and implementations
Cardiology clinic responsibilities:
- Serve as a physician extender in the clinic setting
- Evaluate patients in the clinic setting
- Document evaluations in a timely manner
- Order medications and tests as per guidelines and protocols
- Follow-up on tests and consults
- Schedule clinical studies as per guidelines and protocols
- Coordinate referrals/consults
- Handle MKO messages, results, CC charts, telephone encounters, and surgical risk assessments as needed within the scope of practice and as directed by the supervising physician
- Actively participate and serve as the primary point of contact for department EPIC Optimization requests and implementations from the clinical provider perspective
- Substitutes for other department extenders as needed, which will take priority over other duties, both inpatient and outpatient
- Minimum 3 years of general PA experience.
- Licensed by the Texas State Board of Physician Assistant Examiners.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification (CPR), and Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) have or obtain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of the date of hire.
- Eligible to be granted limited prescriptive authority by the State of Texas.
- Previous EPIC experience and strong computer skills preferred
Benefits and Compensation:
Our physicians practice medicine in a collaborative manner amongst many medical specialties and sub-specialties embracing technology and teamwork to provide patient-centered care. Our compensation package is productivity-based and includes salary, paid time off, CME, and matching 401K. Affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine and the Texas Heart Institute.
- Multispecialty group practice setting
- Regular weekday hours
- Full nursing and clerical support
- Paid malpractice and tail coverage
- Electronic Medical Records
As the 4th largest city in the U.S., Houston, Texas is a leader in business, entertainment, the arts, and more. From professional sports to outdoor fun to an out-of-this-world space experience and incredible dining – it’s all here! Stroll the beaches of Galveston or challenge yourself on one of our many golf courses. Space City offers everything from breathtaking museum exhibits to vibrant downtown entertainment. Explore the wonder of space or spend the day shopping to your heart’s content. Houston is a city of infinite possibilities.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.