Job ID: 3437
Job Type: Full Time
Physician anesthesiologists evaluate, monitor, and supervise patient care before, during, and after surgery, delivering anesthesia, leading the Anesthesia Care Team (MD/CRNA model), and ensuring optimal patient safety in a fast-paced ambulatory surgery practice. Physician anesthesiologists specialize in anesthesia care, pain management, and critical care medicine. The ideal candidate is a hard-working, team player with a favorable work and/or training history. Kelsey-Seybold anesthesiologists treat children, adolescents, and adults at multiple locations across the Houston area. Procedures include general, orthopedic, endoscopy, plastics/reconstructive, ophthalmology, urology, gynecology, ENT, interventional radiology, sedation for pain procedures, and approximately 5 percent pediatric cases involving simple ENT (PE tubes, tonsillectomies, adenoidectomies, strabismus, simple orthopedics). ASA 1 to 3 patients. No call, weekends, or holidays. Attractive salary with benefits.
- Evaluate patients to determine an accurate anesthetic plan
- Determine and administer the appropriate dosage of anesthesia during procedures
- Coordinate with doctors, nurses, technicians, and other health care professionals
- Work with Anesthesia team, including CRNA’s
- Complete records of type and amount of anesthesia, patient condition, patient response and medical histories
- Assess patient recovery and removal to another room following surgery
- Order laboratory tests, diagnostic procedures, X-rays and clinical tests
- Candidate should also be able to effectively collaborate with referring physicians and other professionals to provide optimum care for each patient.
- Minimum of two years of experience as anesthesiologist in an acute hospital setting
- Graduate of an approved training program in the United States.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
- Licensed in the State of Texas.
- Current American Board of Anesthesiology certification
- ACLS and PALS certified
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic accepts H1B Visas.
About Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s renowned Texas Medical Center. More than 700 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 40+ locations in the Greater Houston area. Kelsey-Seybold offers quality medical care in 65 medical specialties. The organization operates the largest freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Center in the state of Texas and offers state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam and Varian Edge radiation therapy technology at a nationally accredited Cancer Center. An accredited Sleep Center, comprehensive laboratory services, advanced imaging and diagnostics, 19 onsite Kelsey pharmacies and one specialty pharmacy, and MyKelseyOnline, a secure web portal, are part of its comprehensive offerings. Kelsey-Seybold partners with major insurers to offer value-based commercial health plans. KelseyCare Advantage, a Medicare Advantage plan offered to Houston-area beneficiaries and affiliated with Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, has achieved the coveted 5-out-of-5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid for six consecutive years.
Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes and heart and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, and Endoscopy Center.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by organizational policy or by federal, state, or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.