is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s renowned Texas Medical Center. More than 500 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 30 locations in the Greater Houston area. Kelsey-Seybold offers quality medical care in 55 medical specialties. The organization operates the largest freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Center
in the state of Texas and offers state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam
and Varian Edge
radiation therapy technology at a nationally accredited Cancer Center
. An accredited Sleep Center
, comprehensive laboratory services, advanced imaging and diagnostics, 19 onsite Kelsey pharmacies and one specialty pharmacy, and MyKelseyOnline
, a secure web portal, are part of its comprehensive offerings. Kelsey-Seybold partners with major insurers to offer value-based commercial health plans. KelseyCare Advantage
, a Medicare Advantage plan offered to Houston-area beneficiaries and affiliated with Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, has achieved the coveted 5-out-of-5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid for six consecutive years.Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes and heart and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center
, and Endoscopy Center
Pathway to Partnership
Unlike other organizations, Kelsey-Seybold physicians have the opportunity for ownership in the Medical Group, as well as in The Kelsey-Seybold Management Company. The ownership path is clear and straightforward. A Kelsey-Seybold Physician is typically eligible for ownership after three years of employment, board certification, and demonstrated good citizenship. The result is an extraordinary, broad-based, and diverse physician-led organization.
When you join Kelsey-Seybold, you become part of an established, physician-owned, and led multispecialty group practice with a 70-year legacy of caring for patients.
- 72 physicians hold leadership positions
- 56% of our physicians are shareholders
- The average physician tenure is 11 years
- Physician-led board of managers
- A defined path to partnership
Physician anesthesiologists evaluate, monitor, and supervise patient care before, during, and after surgery, delivering anesthesia, leading the Anesthesia Care Team (MD/CRNA model), and ensuring optimal patient safety in a fast-paced ambulatory surgery practice. Physician anesthesiologists specialize in anesthesia care, pain management, and critical care medicine. The ideal candidate is a hard-working, team player with a favorable work and/or training history. Kelsey-Seybold anesthesiologists treat children, adolescents, and adults at multiple locations across the Houston area. Procedures include general, orthopedic, endoscopy, plastics/reconstructive, ophthalmology, urology, gynecology, ENT, interventional radiology, sedation for pain procedures, and approximately 5 percent pediatric cases involving simple ENT (PE tubes, tonsillectomies, adenoidectomies, strabismus, simple orthopedics). ASA 1 to 3 patients. No call, weekends, or holidays. Attractive salary with benefits.Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other assignments, projects and duties may be required.
- Evaluate patients to determine an accurate anesthetic plan
- Determine and administer the appropriate dosage of anesthesia during procedures
- Coordinate with doctors, nurses, technicians, and other health care professionals
- Work with Anesthesia team, including CRNA’s
- Complete records of type and amount of anesthesia, patient condition, patient response and medical histories
- Assess patient recovery and removal to another room following surgery
- Order laboratory tests, diagnostic procedures, X-rays, and clinical tests
- Candidate should also be able to effectively collaborate with referring physicians and other professionals to provide optimum care for each patient.
- Graduate of an approved training program in the United States.
- Licensed in the State of Texas.
- Current American Board of Anesthesiology certification.
- ACLS and PALS certified.
- Minimum of two years of experience as anesthesiologist in an acute hospital setting.
Benefits and Compensation:
Our physicians practice medicine in a collaborative manner amongst many medical specialties and sub-specialties embracing technology and teamwork to provide patient-centered care. Our compensation package is productivity-based and includes salary, paid time off, CME, and matching 401K. Affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine and the Texas Heart Institute.
- Multispecialty group practice setting
- Regular weekday hours
- Full nursing and clerical support
- Paid malpractice and tail coverage
- Electronic Medical Records
As the 4th largest city in the U.S., Houston, Texas is a leader in business, entertainment, the arts and more. From professional sports to outdoor fun to an out-of-this-world space experience and incredible dining – it’s all here! Stroll the beaches of Galveston or challenge yourself on one of our many golf courses. Space City offers everything from breathtaking museum exhibits to vibrant downtown entertainment. Explore the wonder of space or spend the day shopping to your heart’s content. Houston is a city of infinite possibilities.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.