Job ID: 3476
Job Type: Full Time
The Department of Allergy and Immunology for Adults provides consultative services for the diagnosis, evaluation and management of diseases of the respiratory tract, immune system and allergies. The Allergy/Immunology department provides consultation in the diagnosis and management of allergies and immune-deficiency diseases. A multidisciplinary team of physicians and nurses offers patient management, patient/family education and support services. Some of the chronic ailments and illnesses treated are: asthma, food or drug allergies, and insect hypersensitivity.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following. Other assignments, projects and duties may be required:
- Interviewing patients and families
- Performing complete physical examination
- Ordering appropriate diagnostic studies, diets, and nursing monitoring and intervention
- Recognition of clinical problems and formulation of a logical diagnosis
- Evaluation and management of adult/pediatric allergy and immunological conditions which may or may not pose the threat of death, organ or system failure, irreversible organ or system failure, irreversible damage or loss of permanent impairment of a body function
- Evaluation and management of allergy and immunological diseases
- Interpretation of diagnostic laboratory studies
- Allergy testing: percutaneous, antibiotics, biologicals, stinging insects’ antigens, intradermals
- Ingestion challenge testing
- Inhalation therapy
- Application of local and topical anesthesia
Graduate of an approved training program in the United States
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
- Board Certified and/or Board Eligible
- Licensed in the State of Texas
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic accepts H1B Visas.
About Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s renowned Texas Medical Center. More than 700 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 40+ locations in the Greater Houston area. Kelsey-Seybold offers quality medical care in 65 medical specialties. The organization operates the largest freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Center in the state of Texas and offers state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam and Varian Edge radiation therapy technology at a nationally accredited Cancer Center. An accredited Sleep Center, comprehensive laboratory services, advanced imaging and diagnostics, 19 onsite Kelsey pharmacies and one specialty pharmacy, and MyKelseyOnline, a secure web portal, are part of its comprehensive offerings. Kelsey-Seybold partners with major insurers to offer value-based commercial health plans. KelseyCare Advantage, a Medicare Advantage plan offered to Houston-area beneficiaries and affiliated with Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, has achieved the coveted 5-out-of-5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid for six consecutive years.
Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes and heart and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, and Endoscopy Center.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by organizational policy or by federal, state, or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.