Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s renowned Texas Medical Center. More than 450 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 24 locations in the Greater Houston area. Kelsey-Seybold offers quality medical care in 55 medical specialties. The organization operates the largest freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Center in the state of Texas and offers state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam and Varian Edge radiation therapy technology at a nationally accredited Cancer Center. An accredited Sleep Center, comprehensive laboratory services, advanced imaging, and diagnostics, 16 on-site Kelsey Pharmacy locations, and MyKelseyOnline, a secure web portal, are part of its comprehensive offerings. Kelsey-Seybold partners with major insurers to offer value-based commercial health plans. KelseyCare Advantage, a Medicare Advantage plan offered to Houston-area beneficiaries and affiliated with Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, has achieved the coveted 5-out-of-5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid for three consecutive years and is the only 5-out-of-5-star rated plan in Texas.
Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes and heart and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, and Endoscopy Center.
Internal Medicine Hospitalist
The Kelsey-Seybold Clinic Hospitalist Program provides specialized, efficient, and coordinated care for our hospitalized patients. The hospitalist observes his or her patient’s status, progress, and tests result up to several times a day, as needed.
- Main responsibilities are rounding in the assigned hospital(s) 7 am to approximately 5 pm (the schedule varies).
- Participate in hospital call schedule – taking call with other hospitalists and internists in the call group. Not typically require staying overnight in the hospital.
- Expected to efficiently manage patients in the hospital and interact with specialists to coordinate the care.
- Transition the follow-up care to the outpatient setting safely and effectively by working with PCP’s, case managers, and specialists.
- Participate in teaching medical students and house staff periodically.
- Participate in hospital committees, initiatives, and KSC Hospital Service/IM Department activities.
- Graduate of an approved training program in the United States
- Internal Medicine Board-certified
- Licensed or willing to be licensed in the State of Texas
- Hospital ready
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
Practicing Medicine at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
Our physicians practice medicine in a collaborative manner amongst many medical specialties and subspecialties embracing technology and teamwork to provide patient-centered care. Our compensation package is productivity-based and includes salary, paid time off, CME, and matching 401K. Affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Heart Institute.
Benefits and Compensation:
Our compensation is productivity-based and includes salary. A comprehensive benefits package is designed to provide a full range of coverage in health and benefits, retirement, continuing medical education, paid time off, medical professional liability, and much more.
- Multispecialty group practice setting
- Low cost of living
- Regular weekday hours
- Full nursing and clerical support
- Paid malpractice and tail coverage
Apply directly online at Kelsey-SeyboldProviders.com
As the 4th largest city in the U.S., Houston, Texas is a leader in business, entertainment, the arts and more. From professional sports to outdoor fun to an out-of-this-world space experience and incredible dining – it’s all here! Stroll the beaches of Galveston or challenge yourself on one of our many golf courses. Space City offers everything from breathtaking museum exhibits to vibrant downtown entertainment. Explore the wonder of space or spend the day shopping to your heart’s content. Houston is a city of infinite possibilities.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.
Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.