Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s famous Texas Medical Center. More than 450 physicians and allied health professionals’ practice at 24 locations and an accredited Sleep Center in the Greater Houston area. Medical services offered by Kelsey-Seybold include medical care in 55 medical specialties including primary care and specialty care, outpatient surgery centers, an accredited Sleep Center, a Radiation Therapy Center, laboratory services, advanced radiology services and other diagnostic services, 15 on-site Kelsey pharmacies and a secure web portal for patients to communicate with their Kelsey-Seybold doctors, get test results and schedule appointments.
Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes, heart, and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, Endoscopy Center, Infusion Center and Cancer Center.
Cardiology Physician Assistant – Main Campus and St. Luke’s Hospital
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic seeks a full-time, energetic Physician Assistant needed for a busy Cardiology Practice. The PA will support an Interventional Cardiologist. Primary focus is centered on responsibilities within the hospital and outpatient clinic setting. In addition, other duties assigned may and can include clinic office evaluations, virtual visit assessments and office call reports.
Qualified candidates must be available Monday – Friday between the hours of 8a-5p; call may be required in special circumstances. Requirements include licensure by the Texas State Board of Physician Assistant Examiners, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification (CPR), Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS), have or obtain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of date of hire and eligibility to be granted limited prescriptive authority by the State of Texas. Three years of PA experience, familiarity with EPIC and strong computer skills are a must.
Key functions include:
- Uses critical thinking to manage care of cardiac patients as directed by the physician in both the hospital and clinic settings
- Performs and documents physical exams and interviews as well as the plan of care as decided by the physician
- Discusses relevant findings with the physician.
- Ensures appropriate medications and follow-up are ordered and scheduled.
- Educates patients and their family about cardiac and medical issues, outcomes, the role of the caregiver, and medication management.
- Serve as physician extender in the hospital & outpatient clinic setting
- Participate in discharge planning as directed by the physician
- Start and complete discharge process in hospital’s medical record for KSC Cardiology inpatients as directed by the physician
- Participate in daily physician rounds and follow up on KSC cardiology patients as directed by the physician
- Assist in the completion of procedure documentation as needed for diagnostic and interventional procedures as directed by the physician
- Actively participate and serve as the primary point of contact for department EPIC Optimization requests and implementations
Cardiology Clinic Responsibilities:
- Serve as physician extender in the clinic setting
- Evaluate patients in the clinic setting
- Document evaluations in a timely manner
- Order medications and tests as per guidelines and protocols
- Follow-up on tests and consults
- Schedule clinical studies as per guidelines and protocols
- Coordinate referrals/consults
- Handle MKO messages, results, CC charts, telephone encounters and surgical risk assessments as needed within scope of practice and as directed by the supervising physician
- Actively participate and serve as the primary point of contact for department EPIC Optimization requests and implementations from the clinical provider perspective
- Substitutes for other department extenders as needed, which will take priority to other duties, both inpatient and outpatient
Our compensation is productivity based and includes salary. A comprehensive benefits package is designed to provide a full range of coverage in health and benefits, retirement, continuing medical education, paid time off, medical professional liability, and much more.
As the 4th largest city in the U.S., Houston, Texas is a leader in business, entertainment, the arts and more. From professional sports to outdoor fun to an out-of-this-world space experience and incredible dining – it’s all here! Stroll the beaches of Galveston or challenge yourself on one of our many golf courses. Space City offers everything from breathtaking museum exhibits to vibrant downtown entertainment. Explore the wonder of space or spend the day shopping to your heart’s content. Houston is a city of infinite possibilities.
For more information or to be contacted by a recruiter, please fill out the following abbreviated form.