Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s renowned Texas Medical Center. More than 600 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 31 locations in the Greater Houston area. Kelsey-Seybold offers quality medical care in 65 medical specialties. The organization operates the largest freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Center in the state of Texas and offers state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam and Varian Edge radiation therapy technology at a nationally accredited Cancer Center. An accredited Sleep Center, comprehensive laboratory services, advanced imaging, and diagnostics, 16 on-site Kelsey Pharmacy locations, and MyKelseyOnline, a secure web portal, are part of its comprehensive offerings. Kelsey-Seybold partners with major insurers to offer value-based commercial health plans. KelseyCare Advantage, a Medicare Advantage plan offered to Houston-area beneficiaries and affiliated with Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, has achieved the coveted 5-out-of-5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid for three consecutive years and is the only 5-out-of-5-star rated plan in Texas.
Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes and heart and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, and Endoscopy Center.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is actively recruiting an APC/APP to assist 9 physicians and 5 existing PAs in the Urology clinic. This APC/APP will work closely with our Fellowship Trained FPMRS (Urogynecologist) in an outpatient clinical setting treating both general and female urologic conditions. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and will work as a team player in the department; interact in a positive manner with ancillary staff; be responsive to referring physicians and support the philosophy of the group practice. Qualified candidates must be available between the hours of M-F, 8a-5p. And have the flexibility to rotate to various satellite clinics from their home base site.
- Practice outpatient Urology with the flexibility of performing hospital-based responsibilities. Primarily, assisting the physician in the evaluation and management of clinic patients including performing histories and physical examinations on new patients; autonomously providing ongoing care for assigned patients; active participant in virtual health platforms, screening patients to determine the need for further health care and/or admission; performing in-office procedures; ordering diagnostic studies such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and any other studies necessary for the care of patients.
- Evaluation and management of operative patients to include performing pre-operative testing and counseling as well as post-operative care in the clinic.
- An interest in learning office-based procedures (PTNS, Testopel, Catheter changes, Prostate Biopsies, Cystoscopy)
- Pessary Fitting and Maintenance
- Maintaining EPIC documentation guidelines per Clinic policy.
- Weekly office hours of Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm.
- Licensed by the Texas State Board of Physician Assistant Examiners
- Must be current in BCLS and ACLS
Practicing Medicine at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
Our physicians practice medicine in a collaborative manner amongst many medical specialties and subspecialties embracing technology and teamwork to provide patient-centered care. Our compensation package is productivity-based and includes salary, paid time off, CME, and matching 401K. Affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Heart Institute.
Benefits and Compensation:
Our compensation is productivity-based and includes salary. A comprehensive benefits package is designed to provide a full range of coverage in health and benefits, retirement, continuing medical education, paid time off, medical professional liability, and much more.
- Multispecialty group practice setting
- Low cost of living
- Regular weekday hours
- Full nursing and clerical support
- Paid malpractice and tail coverage
As the 4th largest city in the U.S., Houston, Texas is a leader in business, entertainment, the arts, and more. From professional sports to outdoor fun to an out-of-this-world space experience and incredible dining – it’s all here! Stroll the beaches of Galveston or challenge yourself on one of our many golf courses. Space City offers everything from breathtaking museum exhibits to vibrant downtown entertainment. Explore the wonder of space or spend the day shopping to your heart’s content. Houston is a city of infinite possibilities.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.