Job ID: 4102
Job Type: Full Time
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is actively recruiting an APC/APP to assist 9 physicians and 5 existing PAs in the Urology clinic. This APC/APP will work closely with our Fellowship Trained FPMRS (Urogynecologist) in an outpatient clinical setting treating both general and female urologic conditions. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and will work as a team player in the department; interact in a positive manner with ancillary staff; be responsive to referring physicians and support the philosophy of the group practice. Qualified candidates must be available between the hours of M-F, 8a-5p. And have the flexibility to rotate to various satellite clinics from their home base site.
- Practice outpatient Urology with flexibility of performing hospital- based responsibilities. Primarily, assisting the physician in evaluation and management of clinic patients to include performing histories and physical examinations on new patients; autonomously providing ongoing care for assigned patients; active participant in virtual health platform, screening patients to determine need for further health care and/or admission; performing in office procedures; ordering diagnostic studies such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and any other studies necessary for the care of patients.
- Evaluation and management of operative patients to include performing pre-operative testing and counseling as well as post-operative care in clinic.
- An interest in learning office-based procedures (PTNS, Testopel, Catheter changes, Prostate Biopsies, Cystoscopy)
- Pessary Fitting and Maintenance
- Maintaining EPIC documentation guidelines per Clinic policy.
- Weekly office hours of Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm.
- Licensed by the Texas State Board of Physician Assistant Examiners.
- Must be current in BCLS and ACLS
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic accepts H1B Visas.
About Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s renowned Texas Medical Center. More than 700 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 40+ locations in the Greater Houston area. Kelsey-Seybold offers quality medical care in 65 medical specialties. The organization operates the largest freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Center in the state of Texas and offers state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam and Varian Edge radiation therapy technology at a nationally accredited Cancer Center. An accredited Sleep Center, comprehensive laboratory services, advanced imaging and diagnostics, 19 onsite Kelsey pharmacies and one specialty pharmacy, and MyKelseyOnline, a secure web portal, are part of its comprehensive offerings. Kelsey-Seybold partners with major insurers to offer value-based commercial health plans. KelseyCare Advantage, a Medicare Advantage plan offered to Houston-area beneficiaries and affiliated with Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, has achieved the coveted 5-out-of-5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid for six consecutive years.
Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes and heart and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, and Endoscopy Center.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by organizational policy or by federal, state, or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.