Job ID: 4726
Job Type: Full Time
The NP/PA is an Advanced Practice Clinician that works in a collaborative model including but not limited to physicians and staff who care for Kelsey-Seybold Clinic patients of all general disorders of the respiratory system. Conditions may include shortness of breath, lung cancer, pneumonia and other lung infections, emphysema, COPD, asthma, sleep disorders related to breathing disturbances, occupational lung disease, liver-related lung disease and drug-related pulmonary disorders. This position works under the supervision of the Managing Physician or approved staff physician and in association with staff nurses in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of pulmonary and sleep disorders; and assumes responsibility for primary and urgent medical management, emergency stabilization of all critically ill patients, and patient education.
- Utilizes the approved medical practices process in the delivery of all patient care.
- Provides care based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the ages of patients served in assigned area.
- Maintains an attitude of inquiry towards medical practices and patient care outcomes and may develop research methodology.
- Provides education experience to patient families, staff, other health professional, and to the community.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- Other related duties as required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time. Remains knowledgeable on current federal, state, and local laws, accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements that apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance with all such laws, regulations, and standards.
- Licensed to practice in state of Texas.
- Required – Masters’ Degree in Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner or Adult/Geriatric Nurse Practitioner ANCC or AANPCP Certified for Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Physician Assistant:
Current prescriptive authority.
- DEA license
- BCLS, ACLS
- 1 – 3 years’ related working experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Must be able to work Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
About Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s renowned Texas Medical Center. More than 700 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 40+ locations in the Greater Houston area. Kelsey-Seybold offers quality medical care in 65 medical specialties. The organization operates the largest freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Center in the state of Texas and offers state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam and Varian Edge radiation therapy technology at a nationally accredited Cancer Center. An accredited Sleep Center, comprehensive laboratory services, advanced imaging and diagnostics, 19 onsite Kelsey pharmacies and one specialty pharmacy, and MyKelseyOnline, a secure web portal, are part of its comprehensive offerings. Kelsey-Seybold partners with major insurers to offer value-based commercial health plans. KelseyCare Advantage, a Medicare Advantage plan offered to Houston-area beneficiaries and affiliated with Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, has achieved the coveted 5-out-of-5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid for six consecutive years.
Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes and heart and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, and Endoscopy Center.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by organizational policy or by federal, state, or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.