Job ID: 3507
Job Type: Full Time
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic seeks a fulltime Physician’s Assistant (PA) needed for a busy Otolaryngology practice. The PA will join a growing ENT Department and work directly with board certified Otolaryngologists. Job responsibilities will include office evaluations, chronic care management, preventive care of both new and established patients, participation, and assistance with ENT procedures in both clinic and hospital settings. The care will be an extension of the ENT physician. Qualified candidates must be available Monday – Friday between the hours of 8a-5p. Some telephone call will be required.
- Uses critical thinking to manage care of ENT patients as directed by the physician in an ambulatory setting
- Performs and documents physical exams and interviews as well as the plan of care as decided by the physician
- Discusses relevant findings with the physician.
- Assists in providing pre-op and post-op care; writes appropriate orders, including those for narcotics, stimulants, and depressant drugs.
- Ensures appropriate medications and follow-up are ordered and scheduled.
- Educates patients and their family about medical issues, outcomes, the role of the caregiver, and medication management.
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
ENT Clinic Responsibilities:
- Serve as physician extender in the clinic setting
- Evaluate patients in the clinic setting
- Document evaluations in a timely manner
- Perform appropriate procedures such as: scopes, ear cleanings, biopsies, excisions, drain removal, suture removal with minimal supervision
- Order medications and tests as per guidelines and protocols
- Follow-up on tests and consults
- Schedule clinical studies as per guidelines and protocols
- Able to perform high level medical judgement and decision-making skills
- Handle MKO messages, results, CC charts, telephone encounters and surgical risk assessments as needed within scope of practice and as directed by the supervising physician
- Performs post-op visits independently
- Participate in virtual health platforms
- Provide 1st assist for select ENT cases based on physician needs
- See In-patient consults
- Onsite at hospital
- As needed if no physician on site at hospital
- Management of St. Luke’s documentation for surgical preparation
- Licensed by the Texas State Board of Physician Assistant Examiners
- Must be current in BCLS and ACLS & CPR certified
- Willing to train new graduates
- Previous EPIC experience
- Strong computer skills
- Ambulatory clinic experience
- Experience in geriatric and pediatric care
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic accepts H1B Visas.
About Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s renowned Texas Medical Center. More than 700 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 40+ locations in the Greater Houston area. Kelsey-Seybold offers quality medical care in 65 medical specialties. The organization operates the largest freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Center in the state of Texas and offers state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam and Varian Edge radiation therapy technology at a nationally accredited Cancer Center. An accredited Sleep Center, comprehensive laboratory services, advanced imaging and diagnostics, 19 onsite Kelsey pharmacies and one specialty pharmacy, and MyKelseyOnline, a secure web portal, are part of its comprehensive offerings. Kelsey-Seybold partners with major insurers to offer value-based commercial health plans. KelseyCare Advantage, a Medicare Advantage plan offered to Houston-area beneficiaries and affiliated with Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, has achieved the coveted 5-out-of-5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid for six consecutive years.
Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes and heart and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, and Endoscopy Center.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by organizational policy or by federal, state, or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.