Job ID: 4889
Job Type: Full Time
The Kelsey-Seybold Dermatology Department is growing. Currently, 28 providers see patients at multiple Kelsey-Seybold locations in the greater Houston area. Of the 28 providers, two are dermatopathologists and two are Mohs surgeons. We are currently seeking a skilled and motivated Physician Assistant with expertise in Mohs surgery and Procedural Dermatology to join our dynamic team. The APC will collaborate with the Mohs surgeon at our new Springwood Villages Mohs Surgical suite to provide exceptional care to the Kelsey-Seybold patient population.
• Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant program
• Current state license and NCCPA certification
• Prior experience in Mohs surgery is preferred, but experience in Dermatology, Plastic
Surgery, or ENT/Head and Neck Surgery is acceptable.
• Strong surgical and procedural skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
• Conduct patient consultations and assessments in collaboration with the Mohs
Surgeon, in person and by telemedicine
• Assist in Mohs surgery procedures, excisions, and reconstructions
• Perform pre-operative and post-operative patient evaluation
• Assist in post-operative wound care evaluation and management
• Ensure accurate and timely documentation of patient records
• Collaborate with the broader healthcare team to deliver comprehensive care
About Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s renowned Texas Medical Center. More than 700 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 40+ locations in the Greater Houston area. Kelsey-Seybold offers quality medical care in 65 medical specialties. The organization operates the largest freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Center in the state of Texas and offers state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam and Varian Edge radiation therapy technology at a nationally accredited Cancer Center. An accredited Sleep Center, comprehensive laboratory services, advanced imaging and diagnostics, 19 onsite Kelsey pharmacies and one specialty pharmacy, and MyKelseyOnline, a secure web portal, are part of its comprehensive offerings. Kelsey-Seybold partners with major insurers to offer value-based commercial health plans. KelseyCare Advantage, a Medicare Advantage plan offered to Houston-area beneficiaries and affiliated with Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, has achieved the coveted 5-out-of-5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid for six consecutive years.
Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes and heart and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, and Endoscopy Center.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by organizational policy or by federal, state, or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.