Job ID: 5331
Job Type: Full Time
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic seeks a fulltime, energetic Physician’s Assistant (PA) needed for a busy Cardiology Practice. The PA will be supporting a particular Cardiologist on the north side of town. Primary Focus is centered on responsibilities within the hospital & outpatient clinic setting. In addition, other duties assigned may and can include: clinic office evaluations, virtual visit assessments and office call reports.
Qualified candidates must be available Monday – Friday between the hours of 8a-5p; call may be required in special circumstances.
- Uses critical thinking to manage care of cardiac patients as directed by the physician in both the hospital and clinic settings
- Performs and documents physical exams and interviews as well as the plan of care as decided by the physician
- Discusses relevant findings with the physician.
- Ensures appropriate medications and follow-up are ordered and scheduled.
- Educates patients and their family about cardiac and medical issues, outcomes, the role of the caregiver, and medication management.
- Serve as physician extender in the hospital & outpatient clinic setting
- Participate in discharge planning as directed by the physician
- Start & complete discharge process in hospital’s medical record for KSC Cardiology inpatients as directed by the physician
- Participate in daily physician rounds and follow up on KSC cardiology patients as directed by the physician
- Assist in the completion of procedure documentation as needed for diagnostic and interventional procedures as directed by the physician
- Actively participate and serve as the primary point of contact for department EPIC Optimization requests and implementations
Cardiology Clinic Responsibilities:
- Serve as physician extender in the clinic setting
- Evaluate patients in the clinic setting
- Document evaluations in a timely manner
- Order medications and tests as per guidelines and protocols
- Follow-up on tests and consults
- Schedule clinical studies as per guidelines and protocols
- Coordinate referrals/consults
- Handle MKO messages, results, CC charts, telephone encounters and surgical risk assessments as needed within scope of practice and as directed by the supervising physician
- Actively participate and serve as the primary point of contact for department EPIC Optimization requests and implementations from the clinical provider perspective
- Substitutes for other department extenders as needed, which will take priority to other duties, both inpatient and outpatient
- Minimum 3 years general PA experience.
- Previous EPIC experience
- Strong computer skills
Required: All of the following:
Licensed by the Texas State Board of Physician Assistant Examiners.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification (CPR), Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) have or obtain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of date of hire.
Eligible to be granted limited prescriptive authority by the State of Texas.
About Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s renowned Texas Medical Center. More than 700 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 40+ locations in the Greater Houston area. Kelsey-Seybold offers quality medical care in 65 medical specialties. The organization operates the largest freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Center in the state of Texas and offers state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam and Varian Edge radiation therapy technology at a nationally accredited Cancer Center. An accredited Sleep Center, comprehensive laboratory services, advanced imaging and diagnostics, 19 onsite Kelsey pharmacies and one specialty pharmacy, and MyKelseyOnline, a secure web portal, are part of its comprehensive offerings. Kelsey-Seybold partners with major insurers to offer value-based commercial health plans. KelseyCare Advantage, a Medicare Advantage plan offered to Houston-area beneficiaries and affiliated with Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, has achieved the coveted 5-out-of-5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid for six consecutive years.
Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes and heart and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, and Endoscopy Center.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by organizational policy or by federal, state, or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.