Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s famous Texas Medical Center. More than 500 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 30 locations and an accredited Sleep Center in the Greater Houston area. Medical services offered by Kelsey-Seybold include medical care in 65 medical specialties including primary care and specialty care, outpatient surgery centers, an accredited Sleep Center, a Radiation Therapy Center, laboratory services, advanced radiology services and other diagnostic services, 15 on-site Kelsey pharmacies, and a secure web portal for patients to communicate with their Kelsey-Seybold doctors, get test results and schedule appointments.
Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes, heart, and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, Endoscopy Center, Infusion Center, and Cancer Center.
The Advanced Practice Clinician in Internal Medicine is a mid-level provider working in an adult ambulatory care setting. The APC will deliver patient-centered care in a virtual care setting as a member of a clinical team whose goal is to support value-based care while achieving positive clinical outcomes and while providing a world-class patient experience. Successful candidates will be able to communicate in a patient-friendly, language both verbally and in writing, and enjoy collaborating with a highly supportive, multidisciplinary team.
- Treat patients via virtual care using a dedicated digital health platform
- Diagnose, treat and manage patients in a fast-paced environment
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally
- Enjoy working in a team-based environment and collaborating with other clinicians
- Assess the need for and interpret diagnostic information and laboratory results
- Obtain medical histories and perform physical assessments and examinations
- Be comfortable performing health risk assessments virtually
- Perform specific duties as outlined by the managing physician
- Be comfortable performing virtual encounters independent of the physician
- Have experience with current virtual care delivery methods
- Participate in the development of virtual care protocols, guidelines, policies and training programs for providers
- Participate in key digital health strategy and clinical meetings
- Stay current on virtual care issues and best practices
- Be willing to work a non-traditional schedule (evenings and weekends) as necessary
- Graduate of an approved training program in the United States
- Licensed in the State of Texas
- Board Certified and/or Board Eligible
- Nurse Practitioner: ANCC or AANPCP
- Physician Assistant: NCCPA Certified
- Current Texas Prescriptive Authority Agreement
- Current DEA License
- Current BCLS and ACLS Certification
- A minimum of 3 years of primary care experience
- Experience with treating patients in a virtual care setting
Benefits and Compensation:
Our physicians practice medicine in a collaborative manner amongst many medical specialties and sub-specialties embracing technology and teamwork to provide patient-centered care. Our compensation package is productivity-based and includes salary, paid time off, CME, and matching 401K. Affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine and the Texas Heart Institute.
- Multispecialty group practice setting
- Regular weekday hours
- Full nursing and clerical support
- Paid malpractice and tail coverage
- Electronic Medical Records
As the 4th largest city in the U.S., Houston, Texas is a leader in business, entertainment, the arts and more. From professional sports to outdoor fun to an out-of-this-world space experience and incredible dining – it’s all here! Stroll the beaches of Galveston or challenge yourself on one of our many golf courses. Space City offers everything from breathtaking museum exhibits to vibrant downtown entertainment. Explore the wonder of space or spend the day shopping to your heart’s content. Houston is a city of infinite possibilities.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.