Main Campus and St. Luke’s Hospital
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic seeks a full-time, energetic Physician Assistant needed for a busy Cardiology Practice. The PA will support an Interventional Cardiologist. The primary focus is centered on responsibilities within the hospital and outpatient clinic setting. In addition, other duties assigned may and can include clinic office evaluations, virtual visit assessments, and office call reports.
Qualified candidates must be available Monday – Friday between the hours of 8a-5p; call may be required in special circumstances. Requirements include licensure by the Texas State Board of Physician Assistant Examiners, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification (CPR), Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS), have or obtain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of the date of hire and eligibility to be granted limited prescriptive authority by the State of Texas. Three years of PA experience, familiarity with EPIC, and strong computer skills are a must.
Key functions include:
- Uses critical thinking to manage the care of cardiac patients as directed by the physician in both the hospital and clinic settings
- Performs and documents physical exams and interviews as well as the plan of care as decided by the physician
- Discusses relevant findings with the physician.
- Ensures appropriate medications and follow-up are ordered and scheduled.
- Educates patients and their families about cardiac and medical issues, outcomes, the role of the caregiver, and medication management.
- Serve as a physician extender in the hospital & outpatient clinic setting
- Participate in discharge planning as directed by the physician
- Start and complete the discharge process in the hospital’s medical record for KSC Cardiology inpatients as directed by the physician
- Participate in daily physician rounds and follow up on KSC cardiology patients as directed by the physician
- Assist in the completion of procedure documentation as needed for diagnostic and interventional procedures as directed by the physician
- Actively participate and serve as the primary point of contact for department EPIC Optimization requests and implementations
Cardiology Clinic Responsibilities:
- Serve as a physician extender in the clinic setting
- Evaluate patients in the clinic setting
- Document evaluations in a timely manner
- Order medications and tests as per guidelines and protocols
- Follow-up on tests and consults
- Schedule clinical studies as per guidelines and protocols
- Coordinate referrals/consults
- Handle MKO messages, results, CC charts, telephone encounters, and surgical risk assessments as needed within the scope of practice and as directed by the supervising physician
- Actively participate and serve as the primary point of contact for department EPIC Optimization requests and implementations from the clinical provider perspective
- Substitutes for other department extenders as needed, which will take priority to other duties, both inpatient and outpatient